9 represents September which is Sickle Cell Awareness Month
Sickle Cell Disease Quiz
Test Your Knowledge
In the United States, all States mandate testing for Sickle Cell as part of their newborn screening programs. Sickle Cell Disease is one of the most common genetic diseases in the United States, it affects about 70,000 to 100,000 Americans.
True or False
1. Only African Americans get Sickle Cell Disease.
2. It's important to know whether or not you have Sickle Cell Trait even if you don't have any symptoms.
3. Sickle Cell Disease affects different people in different ways, but almost always includes pain.
4. A women with Sickle Cell Disease cannot have a healthy pregnancy.
5. There are several different types of Sickle Cell Disease.
6. There is no cure for Sickle Cell Disease.
7. People with Sickle Cell Disease need to have their vision checked more often than people who do not have Sickle Cell Disease.
8. People with Sickle Cell Disease should not get vaccinations.
9. There are things a person with Sickle Cell Disease can do to avoid some of the complications.
10. Due to the growing number of interracial relationships Sickle Cell is in many nationalities.